Candidate will possess personal knowledge and skills to perform preventative maintenance on trailers and other duties as assigned. Will properly diagnose and perform necessary repairs to non-power equipment, including brake systems, hydraulic systems and electrical systems.
• Responsible for repairs and required preventative maintenance of trailers.
• Inspects, trouble shoots, diagnoses and performs maintenance on equipment.
• Performs safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documents required by DOT, company and any other Federal, State or Local regulation.
• Interprets work orders and technical manuals.
• Repairs or replaces defective parts, components or systems.
• Performs pre delivery inspections on new trailers.
• Assists with the unloading of new product off of delivery transports.
• Tests repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure the work meets manufacturer’s specifications.
• Must be able to use hand tools and test equipment.
• Must know general repairs and preventative maintenance criteria.
• Experience operating forklifts.
• Physical ability to tolerate hot/cold work environment.
• Must possess the strength and stamina required to work with heavy equipment and work in awkward positions.
• Physical activities include: Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb ladders and stairs, stand, walk, and turn/pivot frequently throughout the duration of the workday.
• Self-motivated with minimal supervision.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills.
• Maintain the maintenance shop area by keeping areas neat and orderly.
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
• Must be able to interact well with others.
• Must be capable of working under tight constraints with multiple priorities.
• Lift, lower, push, pull, leverage and manipulate equipment weighing up to 70 lbs.
• Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations/procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines.
• Welding experience preferred but no required.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and will be subject to a criminal history background check.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma and/or completion of trade school with a minimum of one year experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Variable temperatures and humidity (climatic conditions), exposure to cleaning material, petroleum products, dust, dirt and noise, outside inclement weather. Personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required for all positions throughout the warehouse, which include steel-toed shoes or boots and approved eye protection. Other PPE that may be required for certain positions includes, but is not limited to, hearing protection, leather gloves, welding protective gear and hard hat with face shield.
APPLY IN PERSON OR EMAIL RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org